THE NORTH AMERICAN BICYCLE STORY
The motivation behind Simcoe began in a little bike shop in Toronto, Canada that catered to discerning city cyclists. The employees of this shop had a mission to provide its customer with the ultimate bike. Simcoe is the renaissance of the everyday bike in North America.
People are moving back into the cities. In doing so, they are discovering that their trips are often too far to walk and a bit too close to drive. The bicycle is once again a fashionable and healthy solution. What people need are agile and comfortable city bikes. Something durable. This is the mission at Simcoe.
Classic Roadster 7 Speed - $899.99
The Roadster was designed with an impressive attention to detail. Beneath the handsome exterior is a well-considered core. The Roadster Classic features a mixed-chromoly frame, internal geared hub, fenders and full chaincase. The 7 speeds version comes also with a rack. The riding position is upright enough for you to be easily aware of your surroundings—yet aggressive enough to get you to your destination in plenty of time.
Sizes Available: Medium, Large
Colors: Black, Midnight, Forest
Tech Spec available on Simcoe's site
Classic Step Through 7 Speed- $899.99
The Step Through was designed with simplicity and practicality in mind. We’ve removed the flourish in favor of features that make riding your bike fun again. Don’t worry about getting your pants greasy or bringing a change of shoes: this bike is designed to meet your needs no matter what your style. The Step Through features a mixed-chromoly frame to reduce weight, fenders, and a full chaincase to keep you clean and dry. The 7 speeds version comes also with a rack. The riding position is considerably upright so you can keep your back straight and your thoughts on the day ahead.
Sizes Available: Small, Medium
Colors: Bone, Forest, Midnight, Burgundy, Yellow
Tech Specs available on Simcoe's site
Smart Geometry Designed for Riding in the City
Traveling by bike in a dense, urban environment requires a bike that is nimble. Simcoe bikes are remarkably graceful because they put an incredible amount of thought and experience into the geometry. Simcoe calls it CitySmart geometry. The net result is that you are able to ride with a higher degree of confidence and comfort because your bike is designed for anything the city throws your way, from pedestrians to traffic to pot holes.
- Sharp seat tube angle places rider’s weight over cranks to optimize power and handling from stoplight to stoplight.
- Shorter head tube on Roadster models provides high reaction steering. The longer head tube on Step Through models provides upright comfort.
- Long rear centre plants a stable footprint for transporting groceries.
- Low bottom bracket keeps centre of gravity low and safe.
- Short front centre provides high levels of maneuverability in difficult situations.
* Each new bike sold at West Seattle Cyclery comes with a year of free adjustments. All replacement parts will be an extra charge. The year of free adjustments does not cover repairs due to negligence or crashes, or repairs which require removal of parts to complete a repair.